The Martin Home School Association (MHSA) is a charitable organisation working to enrich the children’s time at school, support each other… and have some fun! Every parent, carer, teacher and staff member at Martin Primary is a member of the MHSA.
The MHSA is run by a committee of parents and carers who are elected or confirmed at our Annual General Meetings. The Committee meets regularly and works hand-in-hand with a network of ‘class reps’.
The MHSA Committee coordinates events and fundraising activities to support the school: from Christmas and Summer Fairs to film nights, quiz nights, cake sales and get-togethers, we aim to bring our community together.
The Committee also works with the school to decide how the money we raise is spent. Over the last 10 years, the MHSA has raised well over £100,000, and our funding has provided:
- playground and field equipment including the ‘jungle gym’ and climbing frames
- two class sets (60) of Chromebooks
- replacement interactive whiteboards across the school
- waterproofing outdoor structures
- visualisers for classrooms
- Djembe drums
- circus workshops
- books for classrooms and the library
- outdoor clothing for ‘forest school’
- equipment and learning materials… and much more
Every year we discuss with the school how we can add to resources and identify significant project – we are currently working towards improving the outdoor spaces at the school.
Please support your MHSA by coming along to or volunteering at our events, donating items for tombolas or food sales or just buying a cake in the playground! Everything helps.
And if you would like to do more, consider joining the MHSA committee or become a ‘class rep’ - the vital link between parents, teachers and the MHSA committee. There are usually 2-3 reps per class.
If you put just a little in, we promise you’ll get a lot out. The MHSA is social, a great source of support and advice and by working together we are making a real difference to our school.
Getting involved gives you a voice about events, the goals and is an opportunity to share positive ideas. It connects you to your child’s school experience and our school community.
Events will be included in the school newsletters and on the calendar on the website.
Other ways to support the MHSA
- If you shop online, use easyfundraising.org.uk as a portal to over 3,000 retailers who will donate a percentage of your spend to the MHSA.
- Need name labels? www.easy2name.com will donate 20% to the school. Just enter ‘Martin Home School Association’ at the checkout online or pick up a leaflet form the information desk.
- Work for a company that match-funds money you raise for charity? Help out at an event to boost our fundraising.
- Ask your employer to sponsor an event or donate raffle prizes.
If you would like further information please contact us via the office, speak to your class rep in the playground or email firstname.lastname@example.org.